The roulette game is one of the most popular gambling games of all times. It was first introduced in 18th-century France and has been popular ever since. From France, the game spread throughout Europe and America. It’s a very simple and thrilling game making it a favorite for casino players, whether it’s a real casino or a virtual one on the internet. There are two kinds of the game, namely European and American. The two are slightly different compared to each other, but the rules are fundamentally the same. The European roulette uses a single zero wheel, while the American roulette uses the double zero wheel. Fundamentally, roulette is nothing more than a game of chance. Although there are roulette strategies that exist to determine the end resutls of the game, but in the end, it is mostly out of luck.
About the Game of Roulette
Usually, The roulette game is a staple game in casinos. 6 to 8 players can accommodate a table. The game does not require the players to have any card skill unlike poker, though the odds are quite the simlar. A roulette player can go from rags to riches in a blink of an eye, but it can also end up the other way around.
Roulette literally means “small wheel” in French which is the main focus of the game. It’s a wheel with a tilted circular track and colored numbered pockets outline its circumference. When the game begins, the dealer spins the wheel at one direction and the ball at another. The main goal of the game is to bet on the right number where the ball will land in at the end of the spin. Adjacent to the wheel is a layout of the numbers on the wheel for players to set their bets. Players can set their bets until the dealer signals “no more bets” and spins the wheel.
The player can bet on a number, group of numbers, color of the roulette wheel, and odd or even. Bets are classified into inside or outside bets. Inside bets involve numbers while outside bets comprise of groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers.
1. Straight up – Bet on any particular number. Chips are placed squarely on a number.
2. Split – Any bet on any two numbers next to each other. Chips are placed on the line between them either horizontally or vertically.
3. Street – Bet on any three numbers on a single line. Chips are placed at the edge of last number on the line.
4. Corner – Bet on any four numbers within in square layout. The chips are placed on the intersection between the four numbers.
5. Six line – Bet on two streets next to each other. Chips are placed in the intersection.
6. Trio – Bet on 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chips are placed at their intersecting points.
1. 1 to 18 – Bet on any number on the first low eighteen.
2. 19 to 36 – Bet on any number in the last high eighteen.
3. Red or Black – Bet on any color on the wheel.
4. Odd or even – Bet on an even or odd number.
5. Dozen bets – Bet on either the first, second or third setoff twelve numbers.
6. Column bets – A bet on twelve numbers at any of the vertical lines.