Often the one thing that a novice gambler needs after getting past the basics and winning a few games are some sound principles to keep them focused. Essentially, roulette is a game of chance but there are a few tips to help increase your chances.
Here are a few of my top tips for roulette, which although might not make you a millionaire, should set you on the right track for getting a more viable win lose ratio:
– Find out the table limits. Each roulette table will have a minimum and maximum betting amount, so don’t go to a table thinking you’d only be betting $5 and get persuaded to gamble more.
– This leads to my second tip. Only bet what you can afford to. Expert gamblers do not bet to show off, they bet to win money, whether that be $2 or $2,000. It is also a prudent rule to give yourself a set amount of how much you are ready to lose before walking away, so you don’t end up remortgaging the house.
– Get warmed up and have a feel for the table by making minimum bets on either odd or even. It’s straightforward and gives you that gut feeling as to how much you like the table.
– Be the boss of your own chips. New players sometimes allow the dealer to keep their original bet in place while accepting the winning chips they give you. You can move it where you wish!
– You’d be surprised how many dealers get in to a predictable and repetitive way of releasing the ball and you can often find it easier to predict the outcome. Certain dealers do alternate certain types of releases
– Tips for roulette always include the classic Martingale system. Basically if you lose, you double up the next bet to gain back the loss. The problem being that your losing streak may go beyond your bank balance or you might hit the table limit. It’s better to use this with smaller betting amounts.
– Play European roulette with only one zero. It gives you better odds as American roulette has two zeros. Both types of the roulette game are found in the States so you don’t have to worry.
– Don’t let your mind trick you. For instance, when 6 blacks have gone in a row your mind may start saying (what if it’s a trick, bet black again). Never get in to an argument with your mind.
– Practice on a free fun table.
– Learn to protect your bankroll. After you have a reasonable amount of winnings, only bet with them and keep your original balance intact. Then the worst that can happen is you go home with your starting balance.
– It’s best to play with well known online casinos because you will not be able to see the inner workings of a website. They may not be choosing numbers at random and could just be making you lose every time.
In general, play safe and just have a good time. Enjoy the excitment but don’t let it drive your life.